7/06/2005

Too Many Bottles of Beer on the Wall

The other day at a party I heard those famous lines being sung by a crowd who apparently drank all 100 beers that used to be on the wall:

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer -

Take one down, pass it around,

98 bottles of beer on the wall."


Now, maybe it's just me (it usually is) but this practice sounds very unhygenic. I mean take down one beer, sip it and pass it to the next guy? God only knows what I'll catch! I mean, if you went to someone's house and they had a refrigerator full of beer, and they said, let's just take one out at a time and share it before we open the next one - what would you think of that? I'd say 'I'll have an Iced Tea please.' Also, assuming there are 10 people at this hypothetical party, if you take ten bottles of beer down at once and pass those around, the stupid song would be over in no time!

Again - This is all just my opinion, I could be an idiot.