10/05/2005

Rodney: A Tribute

In honor of the late Rodney Dangerfield, who died this day (Oct 5) last year. Here are some classic lines:

My school was tough, it had its own coroner;
In class, we used to write about what we want to be -IF- we grow up.
The neighborhood was tough too; my parents bought a waterbed and there was a guy in the bottom of it.

I don't get no respect; even as a kid.
When I was at the zoo my Dad told me to play connect the dots on the leopard.
I can't blame 'em though - I was just an ugly kid.
My mother had morning sickness after I was born!
I was so ugly that when my folks made home movies, they'd hire an actor to play me.

When I was growing up, we were poor...poor I tell ya.
Until I was six I thought Alpo was baby food.
My friends and I used to just play stick.
The only pet we could afford was dust bunnies.
We were so poor, if I wasn’t a boy I'd have nothing to play with...

---- R.I.P. Rodney