1/12/2004

Hollywood Stars Get Out of Jury Duty! [Our Justice System Needs a Fixin']

Rant Alert!
A recent story stated that two of the potential jurors for the Robert Blake trial were comedian Harry Shearer and actress Christina Applegate. Shearer was able to get out of jury duty because he was under contract to do voices for the Simpsons. Applegate is now looking to use a similar excuse.

Pardon me - but I work under contract with my clients too! Why the hell should these bast@rds get off!? I know that my excuse would not fly. I may not have the most important job in the world, but really, doing voices for a F-ing cartoon is too important to help with the justice system in America!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Simpsons and Shearer, and no one wants to be selected for a jury on a trial that is expected to go 6 months. But the fact that this was even allowed as an excuse really shows where the priorities are in this country.

[More ranting on the justice system to follow in future installments...I'll bet you just can't wait]