6/23/2005

Car Rental Companies are Morons

Why is it I will rent a mid-size car a week in advance from Avis, Hertz, or other car rental company -- and when I get there they dont have any cars for me in that class? They tell me "We can upgrade you for just $4/day"
"No, I want the one I reserved."
"We'll put you in a minivan for the same price." "I dont want a minivan." "But it's an upgrade."
"Not to me."
"I'm afraid you'll have to wait then..."
WHAT!?!

Seinfeld was right: They know how to take the reservation, but they dont know how to keep the reservation -- which is the most important part!

Can you imagine showing up to a hotel after a long flight and they say they dont have any rooms - even though you have a reservation. Well we can update you to the luxury suite for just an extra $100/day. Well, what about if we just give you the handicap room for the same price. All we have are smoking rooms, but you can't have your kids in the room - they'll have to stay in the lobby.

I think they should institute the same deal the hotels have - you make a reservation and show up, and if you dont, you have to either cancel in advance or pay the day's cost! How hard is that?

....Morons....