6/20/2005

I H8 People (Rants & Research)

I know this has happened to you - unless you live alone in a cabin in upper Montana with just your gun, axe, and animals for "friends" (can you say Una-bomber?) You're at work or driving home, or just anywhere and someone ticks you off for the Xth time that day and, either in your mind you think--or if it's really bad, you say it outloud--"I hate people!"

I know that 99% of the time you don't really mean it (do you?) but it feels good to say it once in a while. So just for fun and procrastination, I like to Google phrases like that: I put in "I Hate People" and came up with some interesting finds...

Memorial Website for Comedian Bill Hicks is titled "People Who Hate People HQ" (his bio is here)

Here's a Blog Entry from Dean's World

Another Blog Entry - A Female This Time!

An Maybe the most introspective of all is this image.

Of Course there is a Website Called Simple Hatred that has T-Shirts for all occasions including:I Hate Carbs, I Hate Arbor Day, I Hate Golf, I Hate Canada, and the confusing, I Hate Gravy. Of course there is one on today's topic as well - I Hate People

I find it somewhat disturbing that doing online research actually calms me down (can you say "geek"?), especially when I see how much more crazy other folks are, and maybe now I don't hate people...

But you know what I do hate though...The way the word "people" is spelled. Whose ideas was it to put an 'O' in there? Why not peeple, or peaple, or even peiple. Almost any other vowel would have worked, but they had to pick the 'O' for crying out loud.

"Here's the Church, Here's the Steople." - See how dumb it looks?

By the way, other than 'steeple', does anything else rhyme with people? I used an an online rhyming dictionary and found no other words other than surnames (doesn't count in Scrabble, so it doesn't count here).

Anyway - I feel better now. Peace, Love, & Harmony to all :-))