2/20/2006

New Events for Olympics 2010

I got bored with the olympics after the first weekend. I like Hockey, but the rest of the events are only interesting for a short time. Wanna know the real snoozer -- Cross Country Skiing. It has all the excitement of synchronized swimming and none of the grace.

However, the Ski & Shoot (aka Bi-athlon)is pretty interesting. In fact, I think that some other events can use a pick-me-up by adding shooting to the mix. How about long-track speed skating with handguns (I'll bet those Koreans wouldn't stand a chance against an American with a handgun)...and what about curling -- you get one shot per stone to move it off the mark.

How about some audience participation? One lucky spectator from any rival country can use the rifle in the ski jump. "Pull!!"
[OK - that one might be a little sick, but you have to admit it would make the games interesting if you could do it without anyone getting too hurt]

In fact, I think they should consider this for the summer games as well. Take the discus throw for example. The shotput is a show of strength and the javelin gets the distance, the discus kinda just hangs in the middle there and isnt even as good as a frisbee. I say you let whatever country gets the best throw in the first round take shots at any discus in the second round until they miss...then the winner of that round takes over. Would definitely be much cooler to watch.

Where should we host these olympics? I know the dates have been set for the next few, but with all the guns it would have to be either Germany or the US. I vote for Detroit, D.C, Camden, or L.A.