10/17/2006

Before You Die (and Second Life)

Entering 'before you die' as a phrase in Amazon.com gets me the following results:

* 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
* Unforgettable Things to Do Before You Die
* Unforgettable Places to See Before You Die
* Unforgettable Journeys to Take Before You Die
* 101 Things to Do Before You Die
* 101 Things Not to Do Before You Die
* 101 Things to Buy Before You Die
* 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die
* 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
* Ten Fun Things to Do Before You Die

There is even a '1,000 Places to See Before You Die' Game & Puzzle!

The way I figure it I am really far behind. I have about 777 books to read, 368 albums to listen to, 66 things to buy, and about 4200 places to visit! I would have to quit my job now to get all of this done. And where would I get the money to travel to all these places?

If nothing else, I can derive one thing from the list above to live a more fulfilling life: Turn off the TV!

There are a ton of people out there now who are spending all of their time getting a Second Life and doing nothing with their First (i.e., real) life. Here's a hint for you - when your First Life is over, so will your Second Life! (Can you put your second life avator/account in your will?)

What do you want to do with your First Life? Go over to 43 Things and type it in - now.