10/09/2006

Verizon Online are Clueless

I have had many problems this year with Verizon Online (DSL) customer care.
Here is another example of their cluelessness...

My DSL was sown since Friday. I was told on Saturday by Tech Support to call 'Orders' on Monday to get a new modem --

OK, so I've tried a few times today (Monday) and afer several minutes of holding to Muzak each time I got a "Due to the large volume of calls, we will not be able to service your request at this time - please call again later." I was then disconnected -- or should I say -- Hung Up on. Since I did call at lunch time, it was possible there was a large volume.

I then did some research online and then found out that since today is a holiday (Columbus Day) - the 'Orders' department is closed!

So it's bad enough that the tech support didn't know this - I can even overlook that - but shouldn't there be a freakin' message that says "Please call back on Tuesday - We're Closed!" ?

Do I really need to sit on the phone for several minutes and be hung up on repeatedly, only to be led to believe it was high-volume, not a company holiday?!

IDIOTS!