10/29/2012

Lance Armstrong Still Rules

It's official, Lance Armstrong no longer won 7 Tour de France titles. I guess he was just home those weeks watching TV.

The French couldn't wait to take those titles away, they were embarrassed after being beaten 7 times by the USA.

I personally don't see what is so bad about the whole steroid doping thing. Yes, I know it's bad for you, but so is smoking and drinking and they let us do that. Yes, it's a bad role model for young kids, but have you met most of their parents and relatives?

It's not like you could inject steroids in just anyone and they would immediately jump off the couch, brush the doritos off their chest and cycle across another frigging country. I say let the French dope themselves too (pun intended) and they still wouldn't be able to win their own damn race.

And do they have their own yellow gel bracelet with cool slogan? NO!

Seriously, I could be injected with testosterone, coffee, and Red Bull and put on a bike and by the end of the first day of the Tour de France I would be face down on the street unable to move - and the 2nd day I would just be in the bar. 

Can't the UCI just do what baseball does? Put a little asterisk next to his name in the records book. It's like a little <wink> <wink> and we know what it means. 

I say screw the Tour de France - let's start a new race and we'll only let atheletes who have doped themselves compete.

Tour de South Africa, or Tour de Monaco, I might be able to do that one.

 

Lance