10/24/2012

Learning Spanish

One of my Life Goals is to learn another language. I chose Spanish back in high school as my language elective, so I figured that would be a good place to start, and also it is now the 2nd most spoken language after English (even more than Mandarin apparently). Of course, the real reason is that I watch the hot women on Telemundo channel on cable. I think I know where the Gigante in 'Sabado Gigante' comes in.

But I digress... So I have been trying to learn Spanish for over 2 decades, to no avail.

I can do a basic conversation, but I construct a sentence in my head and it takes so long the other person is fast asleep before I finish.

When I watch TV, I catch a few words and phrases here and there but I cant keep up - I think my brain's CPU processing power isn't fast enough for language processing. I use Rosetta Stone, and with that I have no problem, I get everything right and have no problems keeping up - but obviously that is spoon fed...that is the problem with CDs and software.

If I could have my way - I would spend a month in Barcelona or Costa Rica and just bite the bullet and immerse myself.

This is one of the 5 things on my list when I win the lottery that I would do right off - I wont tell you the rest.

In the meantime, 

Here are a few more sites online I will check out to help learn Spanish: