10/24/2012

Having Fun for (almost) Free

Living within your means (*gasp*) does not mean a life without fun and excitement. I personally feel that instead of looking forward to a few big experiences of fun each year (e.g. vacations, holidays) we should build a little fun and relaxation into each day -- or at least each week.
Here are some ideas off of the top of my head on how I enjoy life for free or very low cost:


  • Play guitar
  • Read a book (from the library)
  • Watch a movie (from the library, or Netflix is cheap)
  • Talk to my friends on the phone (or use Skype)
  • Have friends over for a BBQ or a drink
  • Jog around the park or lake
  • Go to the gym (only $10/month for me)
  • Play a board or video game with my sons
  • Go to the park with my kids and play catch
  • Go to the bookstore and browse
  • (but not if you can't help yourself from buying books!)
  • Ride my bike
  • Go geocaching
  • Volunteer
  • Facebook
  • Play music
  • [ * censored * ]

What do you do for (Free) fun?