2/27/2004

Rubberneckers Must Die!

So I'm driving to work during the usual crappy commute (over an hour), when suddenly traffic comes to a slow crawl at an on ramp to the highway. It took over 15 minutes just to get onto the highway...I was really ticked. What was the cause of this massive delay? Oil spill? Fire? Explosion? 10-car collision?
No!
It was a fender bender that was off to the side of the road (i.e., not blocking the lanes) and the two drivers were trading information. The one car had a dented front, the other not much damage. In other words, it was nothing much to look at...When I am delayed for that long, I want to see massive destruction, body parts strewn across the road, and at least a small fire! This is ridiculous! What the hell are you people looking at? JUST GO!!!!

I have an idea. I am going to finally be rich. I am going to buy a few acres of property, pave a small road in a circle around the property, and then get a bunch of totalled cars and trucks from a junk yard for cheap. I will place these staged accidents around the path, and charge people $15 a pop to travel real slow in golf carts around the path to look at the accidents. The big finale will be a car explosion and fire, followed by 2 stuntment duking it out over whose fault it was...

If you want tickets to this attraction let me know. In the meantime - Just Drive!