9/15/2003

Are Aliens Racist?

First of all I just want to say that I ran out of gas Friday coming home from work for the first time ever in my life! Luckily, I just happen to put a gas container in my trunk that week, and there was a gas station within 1/4 mile...I wish I could always be that lucky!

And how about that guy from Dallas that stowed away in a box aboard an airliner just so he could have his company pay to ship hime to his parents house! I hear he is the hottest request for an interview with an inmate (yes, he got arrested) since Lee Harvey Oswald. Hopefully, he will fare better than Osawald did. Obviously this guy is crazy, not just because he could have died in an non-pressurized non-heated storage compartement of a plane...but really, how many people want to visit their parents that badly!!

Finally, the 2 strangest stories today come from Berlin (no surprise there). Two guys wanted to defraud the insurance company, so one guy had his friend chainsaw off two of his fingers! Finally, because of a tipster, the insurance company found out about the scam and didn't have to pay him; and his friend is the one who went to jail (he was on parole). The good news is the guy can try 4 more times before he runs out of fingers.

We all know that crop circles are made by aliens right - (did you see 'Signs' with Mel Gibson)? So here is a story that a helicopter crew found a crop circle in Germany shaped like a swastika...whcih technically isn't a cirlcle, but you get the point.