9/24/2003

Common Sense & the Law

I was disheartened (okay, pissed) to find out that the court system in this country decided that the one useful thing the Government did this year, that is the Do Not Call registry, is unconstitutional. Can we actually get some people in the legal system that have some common sense?! If almost everyone in the US signed up for this thing, doesn't it sound like it might be a good idea? I know their is this thing called 'precedence' in the legal system, but the more dumb decisions that are made, the more they get to use these dumb decisions as precedence later!! So maybe I should spill hot coffee on my lap and get rich... If the telemarketers are going to lose money - tough! We don't want them! If someone invented a device that 100% prevented auto accidents and thefts, would they ban that because Auto Insurers would lose money? Maybe this is a bad example, but hopefully the point is well taken...Unfortunately judges are appointed and not voted in, otherwise we could say 'Get Real, or Get off the bench!'

And don't call me; I'll call you!