9/05/2003

A Zebra Does Not Change It's Spots...

Al Gore was correct when he said that, especially about politicians saying dumb things...
Of course, no one will ever beat Dan Quayle at this game! "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." Huh, Dan? But just to show these vice presidents are not alone, here are some dumb sayings by current & past presidents:

George W. Bush:
"Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?"
"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."
"We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor as you like to be liked yourself."

Gerald Ford:
"If Lincoln was alive today, he'd roll over in his grave."
"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been."
"I love sports. Whenever I can, I always watch the Detroit Tigers on the radio."
"That is what has made America last these past 200 centuries."

It's no wonder that celebrities like Arnold, Jesse Ventura, "Gopher", and others are getting into the political act; they are next in line for saying dumb things. Personally, I expect Brooke Shields and Brittany Spears to run for office in about 15 years. Here are some of their sayings that I feel qualify them for office:

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -- Brooke Shields
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -- Louisiana native Britney Spears, when asked the best part of being famous.